A CD of the 2017 release of “Gin & Rosewater”, McDermott's first record in 30 years. It features the work of exceptional players, including music legend Stephen Stills. 14 tracks including covers of I Walk the Line, Irresistible Targets, and Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood.
- "Chuck McDermott's a man. He sings like a man. His sentiments and vocabulary are adult. There's no postured "folkie-Okie, see-how-sensitive-I-am" horse shit here. He's a a golden-throated singer with a tight band and his eyes wide open. He's read good writers and learned from them and lived a lot and thought about it. Some of these Gin & Rosewater songs sneak up on you like an assassin who has lulled you to sleep---The Girl From St. Lucy, Irresistible Targets. He and his words are a breath of fresh air. Not a hint of whining. A Man! Clear-eyed, fearless and tender. I've been playing his album for days".
Peter Coyote– Author, Actor, Director and Zen Priest
1. Belvedere (3:02)
2. A Thousand Cuts (3:16)
3. The Girl From St. Lucy (5:18)
4. Irresistible Targets (4:46)
5. Gin and Rosewater (4:22)
6. Red Betty (2:56)
7. James Foley Diaries (4:14)
8. Hold Back The Water (5:16)
9. Everything (5:30)
10. Downtown Bus (4:11)
11. I Walk the Line (5:48)
12. Tryin’ To Keep The Wheels On The Road (3:47)
13. Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood (4:13)
14. People Are Weak - feat. Stephen Stills (3:55)
Gin & Rosewater CD
Would you like Chuck to sign the CD? He's love to! Please indicate the recipient's name in the 'Notes' section at checkout.
Please note- the factory seal will be broken to accomodate the signature.